This is a blog with thoughts and stories of mine. I talk about things that bother me or I enjoy. I hope that this will help other people who may be going through the same stuff or simmilar things.
9/7/10
The Plus in Plus Size
Now a lot of people call fat people(like myself) plus size....the plus really doesn't make us feel better about ourselves. The fact that people try to cover it up and hide it actually makes it feel as if people are ashamed of us. Sure, I don't like being called fat, but gosh can't people just see us as US,not "that fat chick/guy" or "that....person"? Lots of people are familiar with "wal-mart", but I hate going there for my clothes. They keep the clothes in my size tucked away in the farthest back possible in the clothing section. You know the racks they have out like "On sale" or "Best selling"? The biggest size I can find there is a large and it looks like a small. I have to go all the way to the back to get the SAME clothes in a bigger size. It's like the stores are saying "Go to the back to shop we don't want to see your fat a$$." Like we would scare the other shoppers or something! Or pants...gosh the pants. When I shop for pants I either have to get them to fit my legs or my hips, if they fit my legs they wont fit my hips if they fit my butt they don't fit my legs. All my weight is in my hips...go figure. Anyway, to get my pants at a place like walmart I have to ask for an employee to go to the back to get me a pair because the sizes just go up to a 16 if that and my size isn't out there in the clothing section. That goes for almost ANY store that sells clothes. Plus, I'm short so pants are ALWAYS to long. It's like they think everyone here is tall. I may not be the thinest girl in the bunch, but I shouldn't have to do a scavenger hunt to find clothes for myself. Now, back to the plus size thing. Models, plus size models. You have to be at least 5 foot 7 I think, somewhere in there. Thats not plus size really, there fat is scattered around. Short people like me are "plus size" because I'm short and It shows more in a picture. I wish I could get into modeling I'd show all those others what plus modeling SHOULD be. The magazines like "seventeen" or "Girls Life (GL)", show skinny girls. Those girls are probably size 0-4. They make all other girls look at themselves and basically say "Oh I can't see my ribs! I'm not thin enough!" NO, that's not right. Sure, its not good being "plus size" either, but magazines with nothing but size 0-4 in it makes girls think they HAVE to be super skinny, which makes them develop eating disorders. We wonder why girls are starving themselves or exercising until it's an obsession. WAKE UP MAGAZINE GROUPS!! Those skinny minis on TV, the internet, magazines, books, albums, everything, IS WHATS MAKING YOUR FEMALE POPULATION GET EATING DISORDERS, OBSESSIONS WITH WEIGHT SCALES, AND POBABLY KILLING THEM WITH THE CONSTANT WEIGHT OBSESSION! I used to be the same way. Always, "I have to be skinny to fit in", "I have to be skinny like the other girls",I was trying to make myself someone I wasn't. My mom wanting me to be a cheerleader like my step sister, I'll admit, I obsessed over trying to be a cheerleader for a bit. They told me I was to "large", which depressed me because I wasn't thin enough to fit the "I'm a sexy cheerleader, and even though I'm a teen I'm here to basically give you a high" profile. Finally I was like "ok whatever I don't care I'm fine the way I am". Every girl should feel that way, they should feel like no matter how thin or fat they are, they're special. Every person is unique, they can't always be skinny like a super model. We need to quit acting like being thin is everything. We act like if a girl is even a little chubby its "OMG THAT GIRL IS SUCH A FAT A$$ CAUSE SHES A SIZE 8!!!!" I'm a size 22 people! I do NOT feel bad about it! I went through the scale obsession and I finally said I didn't need to obsess with it to meet the rankings of other people. If they can't accept me the way I am, I don't need them. I'm proud of myself and thats all I need to know. Bottom line, cut the crap people. Don't scale obsess, and don't make thin seem like everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment